Sometimes things happen in life that stun us and leave us asking questions to which there are just no answers. That happened this week when friends, Eric and Susan, released their precious baby boy into God's hands.
So many of you have left comments and emailed me about how much Luke and his journey spoke to your heart and how the faith of his parents ministered to you. It's in that spirit that I write these words:
Dear Luke,
We praise God for you because you were "fearfully and wonderfully made." As the Creator himself knit you exquisitely together, He missed not one detail. You were beauty and perfection and grace all wrapped up in dewy soft skin and destined to touch the lives of many. And so you did.
You will never know the impact you made on our lives during your short time here. The lessons we learned from you touched us deeply and in ways that mere words seem woefully inadequate to express.
You caused us to dig deep--to not just say we have faith in God, but to live each day believing Him. And to not just believe Him, but to earnestly seek Him. Seeing you struggle drove us to our knees time and time again. We found ourselves on our faces crying out to God for healing and mercy, our hearts being drawn ever closer to you and to our Heavenly Father.
You also taught us what it really means to rejoice! We jumped for joy at every miracle and each sign of God's divine intervention. Seeing you hold tight to your toys and watching your little chest move up and down with each breath of life made us grin from ear to ear!
You reminded us to be thankful. Life is precious and short, and each day is to be celebrated. You spoke softly to us to slow down and really breathe it in.
You left an indelible mark on each of us, and we will never forget you. And Luke, I can't wait to meet you in heaven one day, sweet boy, just to say thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Beautiful!!!
Just breath taking Bronie. I hope that your send that to his family. It's just Beautiful!
Bronie, when I read your post and went to Susan's web site yesterday, I just cried and cried. I could not believe that Luke had not made it.I had not been on their website lately and had not heard anything.
As a health care person that poured myself into the well-being of my patients I know the grieving that the hospital personel are going thru as well as the families. Thank you for your sweet words for Luke. I will be looking for that day also...
all I can say is....Amen!
Lord, take these parents and envelope them in your arms. Comfort and bless them in this hour of need. Hold them and place your hands on their shoulders and walk with them. Amen!
beautiful
I couldn't have said it any better myself. Thanks.
Wow! Just like your "Wordless Wednesday," words just cannot do justice to the wave of emotions experienced by little Luke's admirers. Luke's victory is now won as he is held in our Father's arms. Bless you, Bronie, for sharing and keeping us all grounded in our faith.
Bronie~
Thanks for letting us in on Eric and Susan's life and struggles and allowing us to pray for them. I'd been keeping up with them since your fist post and praying for them and their son. When I left a comment for them recently I couldn't help but thinking about when my brother passed away and how much it meant to me when friends/family and complete strangers extended their sympathies. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of that for Luke's family. It's so nice to see the body lifting one another up in the most difficult times.
Shannon
Post a Comment