Thursday, June 19, 2008

can i have this dance?

Just as I was about to check out my "daily reads" in the blogosphere, "The Happy Song" came blasting through my speakers and caught the attention of W who came running across the room with a huge grin on his face.



"Do you know what this is?" I asked.



"Yeah! It's da happy sawng! Wet's dance!"



And so I grabbed his pudgy little hands, and we began to jump and dance and spin and giggle, his grin completely contagious and his spirit wildly free.



A happy song indeed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is priceless!!!!!!!!!!

Michelle said...

Lol, Just wait till you have to teach him how to dance at prom!

What a sweet thought, and such a warm memory for both of you!

Misty Burns said...

those boys just know how to melt our hearts! by the way..Elijah got saved.!!!

RichFam said...

I just love moments like that...

Of course, in our house, reality usually sets in quickly as we all realize my dancing looks less like Grace and more like Elaine (from Seinfeld).

Now, the kids usually ask their daddy to dance...

ha ha :o)

kirsten said...

you bloggin' fool! i can't catch up...what, now that your eyesight has gone you are making up for it by typing like a mad woman!

dance away...could be good practice for prom. makes it all worth it!!!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

thats what being a good mom is all about!! You have your priorities in life straight! So sweet and precious!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

awww :) What a sweetie!