Well, it's hard to follow a post like the last one. It was kind of a bummer. Anyway, the fog is clearing, and my bloggy friend Michelle tagged me for a meme because she thought I could use the distraction. Um, thanks?
1. What were you doing ten years ago?
Ten years ago, I was adjusting to life with a three-year old boy and a newborn baby girl. Going from one to two kids was not as hard as I thought it would be. In fact, looking back at the "then" and in stark contrast to my "now", I could have handled just two with a blindfold and one arm tied behind my back. Anyway, we had just moved back into our newly remodeled home after it was damaged by a tornado. Life was good, but there were some twists and turns we could not have seen coming. Such is life. We moved for the first time from my home state one year later.
2. Five things on my "to do" list for today: (tomorrow, today is over)
1) Register Ryan at NARS so he gets a jump-start on high school credits for the courses he is taking this year in 8th grade.
2) Catch up the laundry.
3) Get ahead on lesson plans since we will be taking a week off soon to go to the beach.
4) Try to finish the John Irving novel that is taking me for.ev.er.
5) Catch up on my Bible study homework before we meet tomorrow night.
3. What is your favorite snack?
I'm not sure it's my favorite, but it's probably my most frequent... a slice of sharp cheddar cheese and good crackers.
4. If I were a millionaire, I would:
1. Pre-pay my kids' college funds, assuming of course they don't end up spending it on therapy.
2. Buy a big-enough house with lots of windows and an actual lawn.
3. Tithe big to help our new church building along.
4. Farm the kids out to willing family members and take a vacation with Jay. Hopefully Scotland and Ireland. Realistically, probably somewhere this side of the Atlantic.
5. ???
5. Places I have lived:
1) Nashville, TN
2) Smithdale, MS
3) Slidell, LA
4) Mt. Juliet, TN
5) Picayune, MS
6. Five people I'm tagging:
Take the plunge if you want. Just leave me a comment saying you joined in so we can all share in the fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Okay, see, when you mention Ryan and high school in the same sentence some part of me just completely freaks out. How is this even possible? How is Emily 10?
Ugh. So weird.
10 years ago....wow. i can actually remember that. isn't that amazing...the fact that you still don't spam me after all these years!
Glad you're getting out of your fog. What is NARS? Should I know what it is?:-) Miss you guys.
Karen,
NARS is North Atlantic Regional High School in Maine. A friend from ECC who homeschooled all the way thru and whose daughter is now in college gave me a couple of books to look at from NARS.
Basically, they are accredited, will keep a transcript and give a diploma when requirements are met. You can use your own curriculum and can even customize some classes to meet your kids' interests as long as the courses meet requirement standards.
I am registering him now because after looking at the books, Ryan is taking classes this year that will count as HS credits. For instance, Sonlight 100 is one credit each for American History and Literature, Math-U-See Algrebra is a credit for math, Apologia Physical Science is a science credit, and he is taking a Civics class in Carriere that if I can get documentation for will count for a Civics credit. That's 5 credits during his 8th grade year!
Don't misunderstand me... I'm not trying to graduate him early, but if he is doing HS level work, he should get the credit. Anyway, I checked them out on line, and I like the idea of him getting an actual diploma from an accredited school but not having to use a "package" that someone else chooses, and he likes the idea of checking off the credits as he fulfills them.
I'm going to give this a shot!
okay, you asked for it...
I gave the meme a try. :o)
and just so you don't have to type it in, here's the link...
http://richfam2u.blogspot.com
Hey,here's an award for you! Just go to my blog and get it from there! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment