Monday, October 20, 2008

bloggy love




Wow! After returning from vacation, this little award was waiting for me from my friend Scott over at Bald Is Beautiful. Thanks, man! He and his wife, Beth, are the incredible shrinking couple and learning to navigate life after WLS. They are rockin' it! Go check out their recipe site... yummo!

Part of accepting the award is:

*displaying the award
*linking back to the person who gave it to you
*paying it forward & nominating 7 blogs
*adding links to those seven blogs
*leaving comments on their blog telling them you gave them an award
*enjoying the award!!


Blithe Revival gets nominated because although we've never met in "real life", I love this gal. I adored BiB, and her revival is inspiring. She's beautiful, sweet, strong and courageous!

Slurping Life also makes my list because although she would never consider herself a hero, Melody inspires me to be a better mom and a better me.

My friend Jennifer sharpens me. Her commitment to family and friends is beautiful, her knowledge of the Word vast. She's smart and lovely, and in the midst of my whining about my many friends who have moved away, she causes me to be thankful for new friendships.

I also love Sgt. and Mrs. Hub! She and her family feel like next door neighbors even though we've never met. This girl's a rock star... and has the hair to prove it! I love keeping up with her little ones and admiring her beautiful photos. She's a keeper, and I hope we meet one day.

My friend Kristy is sweet, funny and creative. She understands the "issues" of having a teen and preschooler under the same roof. And while I will soon add her to my list of friends who have moved away, I know that the bond we share in Christ will sustain us over the miles and through the years.

My friend Christie at Smiling at Tomorrow will also be moving away soon. She's a great mom, and we can always find something to laugh about... usually the antics of our little boys. Laughter is better than tears, right? And while I think "Shakey" (her husband Jason who plays percussion in the band at church) will rock it as an Army Chaplain, I personally think God could find good use for him right here... djembe and tambourine aside. :) The hole they'll leave behind is huge, but their commitment to God and country makes me proud!

And finally, Alicia at Renewed in Him, who gave me my first ever award. Though we've never met, she's incredibly sweet and will be a wonderful li'l mama come March of next year. She is supposed to find out today if she's having a boy or a girl. Exciting times in California!

There are many more friends and blogs to be nominated, but for now we'll stick to just seven. Thanks again, Scott, for the award and for prompting me to stop and be thankful for the people in my life. I'm blessed with friends near and far, and if you are in the "far" category, please know how much you are loved and missed.

7 comments:

Karen said...

Glad to see you are back in the land of the blogging:-) Chad just asked me, last night, what hilarious things you had blogged about lately.

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are still alive in blog land!

RichFam said...

Yay! You're back! I've missed reading about your life by spying on you from the comfort of my living room! ha ha.

Christie said...

Thanks for the shout out. Your words are very sweet. Love you!

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Thanks Bronie!!!

And thank you for your sweet comments on my blog too!!!! I am glad you are back safe!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I WISH we could be next door neighbors! :) Now THAT would be fun!!

Thank you for the award! And congratulations to you for winning the award in the first place :)

I hope we get to meet someday also, just remind me to wear depends or some thing of the sort. I just know there will be MUCH laughing!

-Andrea

Piper of Love said...

Oh Bronie, you made me feel hugged.

Thank you for thinking of me!!

I love you too. <3