Sunday, November 30, 2008

confessions of a cookie monster




while running a bath for the little ones...

Me: Come on Wyatt! Time for a bath!



from the other room...

W: In a minute!


Me: Elijah's getting in! Your water's going to get cold!


W: ...



minutes later he comes running full tilt into the bathroom

Me: Quick! Undress and get in!



whispering

W: The cookies are all gone.


Me: Really?


still whispering

W: Yep. I ate them. I was being sneaky.


Me: It's not nice to be sneaky. You should ask permission.


W: I wasn't being sneaky. I was... doin' a secret.


Me: ... (stifling a laugh and wondering when my three year old mastered semantics)


looking puzzled like he's not sure if he's in trouble or not

W: Mama?


Me: What Wyatt?


W: You needa buy more cookies.


Elijah: TOOKIES!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok this was pefect timing for me to read this! I so needed a laugh!

RichFam said...

Ha! I love it!

My brother, Matt, when he was the same age as Wyatt, got lost in the mall...(believe it or not, he was always a bit of a wild child). :o)

After frantically searching for him, we hear a voice come over the P.A. system that says,

"We have found a missing little boy. He is blonde, and he is wearing a shirt that says,
'I don't look for trouble, it finds me.
'"

Yep. Matt was wearing the same shirt that Wyatt is wearing in that picture.

Go figure. :o)

jim said...

ME LOVE TOOKIES TOO!!!!

--Connie

Misty Burns said...

awe..so sweet! gotta love them cookies!!! :)

The growing Adkinson family said...

how cute, i love your boys they always give us a good reason to laugh. U better buy them boys some more tookie's mom :)

Karen said...

Wyatt never ceases to bring a smile to my face. He is going to great things when he grows up. In the mean time, he is keeping his mama young.

Hope you guys had a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Misty said...

Awww.... at least he confessed. that's the best kind. give the boy a tookie momma!

kirsten said...

nothing can top that....just too cute. :)

SouthAsiaRocks said...

hahahaha!!! That is hilarious!! I love it!
I don't blame him though - I'm a bit of a cookie moster myself :)

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

What cute story and little boy!