Thursday, January 28, 2010

this communication thing is overrated

I got to spend a little cuddle time with Elijah yesterday while the other kids were otherwise occupied: Ryan was working with his dad at our new church building; Wyatt was watching a show on t.v.; And Emily was playing outside.


We cuddled on the couch, and this conversation followed:


E: I luh you, Mama.


Me: Aw, I love you, too, Elijah.


E: You bewful, Mama.


Me: Thank you, baby. Mama thinks you're beautiful, too.


(more snuggling, and thinking this has got to be the sweetest kid EVER)


Then he turns and looks at me.


Me: Elijah, you have the prettiest blue eyes! What color are Mama's eyes?


(leaning in close and looking at me very intently)


E: Red.


Me: ...




a few minutes later




because I'm a slow learner




and a glutton for punishment




We sometimes play and tease so I scooped him into my lap and hugged him close.


Me: Elijah, whose boy are you?


E: ...


Me: Eliiiiiijah, whose boy are you?


E: (not answering and giggling like crazy)


Me: Are you Mama's boy?


E: No! I Carrie's boy! (giggling)


Me: Nuh uh! You're Mama's boy! (tickling and giggling, then he stops abruptly)


E: Fine. I Mama's boy. Whaddevuh.


Me: ...






Whatever.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bwahahahaha! What can I say your baby boy loves me! I'm glad you put that note there though or I'd have some people staring me down as if I was evil or something ;-) I was dying laughing in my office!!!

RichFam said...

HAHAHAHA! LOOOOOOOVE it! :o)

Running said...

hahaha - awww - seriously miss those kids

Tracy said...

too cute!!

Kristy said...

So cute - and I am sure Carrie loved that! Good to have such a great best friend!

Misty said...

Okay can I just say... I'm so glad your Blogging again! You crack me up! I forget how much I love you guys! Dang I wish we lived closer! I went back a few and read the others as well. Your a great writer! Love ya girl!