Wednesday, June 25, 2008

preschool prattle

trying to get W started on a game online


Me: Nick Jr.? or PBS kids? Which one?


W: P Bess Kids!


Me: Ok.


click


W: No! Mick Jr.! (not a typo...he actually says MICK Jr.)


Me: *sigh* Ok. Here we go!


click click


W: Yay! I so 'cited!


Me: Which show? Wow! Wow! Wubzy? Dora? Blue's Clues?


W: Cooz Cooz!


I'm pretty sure couscous is a side dish, but whatever...


Me: Ok, now which game?


randomly pointing at the screen


W: That one!


Me: Which one?


more random pointing


W: THAT one!


getting a smidge impatient at the willy-nilly pointing of the finger


Me: Don't point. Use your words. SAY which one.


W: WHICH ONE!!!


aaargh!








on our way home from dropping off 'Sissy' at a friend's house...


W: I have wooonnnggg hair...


thinking he needs a trim


W: ...on my wegs.


whuh?


Me: Really?


W: Yep.


Me: How...


W: I chop down a twee and wide a twactor, and I gettin' BIG!


Me: And that makes hair on your legs?


W: Yeah! I get hair-wee wegs.


*snort*


Me: Well, okay.





driving home from dinner...


to myself

Me: Ugh. I don't feel well.


W: Wassa mattuh Mama? You sick?


Me: I just don't feel very well.


W: You tummy sick?


Me: Yeah, I guess so.


W: I sah-wee you tummy sick.


Me: That's ok. You could pray for Mommy's tummy to feel better.


W: Yeah I can 'cause Jesus wuvs you.


Me: Aww, thanks. He really loves you, too.


I think I might be feeling better already.

10 comments:

The growing Adkinson family said...

oh that is so cute. I love the preschool conversations I have bryson repeat noodle, hamburger, and theres one more i know i just cant remember right now. Its always fun trying to figure out new words. I always love it too bc you post the cutest conversations. I dont know if I could remember them all to put them on the blog. :)

RichFam said...

I LOVE it when they speak in "child-ese"!

Sometimes I wish my kids could talk like that forever...

but then I see the older ones pretending to be babies, and I realize that it just isn't cute once they get past 3 feet tall. :o)

Anonymous said...

Priceless!!!!

Kristy said...

Wyatt is too cute! I have the same issues with the points at the computer and me trying to figure out what he wants. Worse than that is when I finally find what he wants, he watches it for all of 20 sec. and wants something different. I say I really can't wait for him to use the mouse himself. But I have a feeling I may be sorry for that wish!

Bridgett said...

That last one is soooo sweet. I miss those days something awfull at times.

Misty Burns said...

awe.. that is cute. i agree with michelle...not so cute coming out of a seven year old.hahaha.

Michelle said...

So adorable, almost makes me wish for toddlers again.

I said ALMOST darnit!

Misty said...

OMG! That's just the sweetest thing! I love it! How could you not feel better at least for a moment. Sweet darlin!

Nicole said...

I have to agree...so adorable. I think that's how God made them, because they get into sooooooo much!

Bridgett said...

Ya know, I thought I was still in on the preschool stuff even I haven't had a preschooler for 6 years. When I read your middle one naming off shows I just thought the wow wow wubbzy was some kind of mommy preschooler crazy talk. Last night I'm flipping channels and guess what I see: Wow Wow Wubbzy. Now I officially feel out of the loop!