A son asked his father, "Dad, will you do a marathon with me?"
The father, despite having a heart condition, says, "Yes."
They went on to complete the marathon together. The father and son went on to join other marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his son's request of going through the race together.
One day, the son asked his father, "Dad, let's join the Ironman together." To which, his father also said, "Yes."
For those who don't know, Ironman is the toughest triathlon ever. Held every fall in the US city of Kailua-Kona, Hawaii, the race encompasses three endurance events; a 2.4 mile (3.8 km) ocean swim in Kailua-Kona Bay, a 112 mile (180 km) bike ride across the Hawaiian lava desert to Hawi and back, and a marathon (26.2 mile, 42 km) along the coast of the Big Island (from Keauhou to Keahole Point to Kailua-Kona); finishing on Ali'i Drive.
Father and son went on to complete the race together.
**Before clicking play, scroll to the bottom of the blog page and pause the music.**
NOW WATCH THIS VIDEO:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Thanks for sharing - I have seen this before and each time it brings tears to my eyes!
I "ugly cry" every time I watch this one. What an amazing story!
from Connie:
I was absolutely BLOWN AWAY the first time I saw this cos the younger Hoyt resembles our son John so much! Took me to my knees, literally.
BTW, I have the DVD with this on it plus interviews with the family if you ever want to use it.
Jay (my Jay) played this as an illustration during one of his sermons last year.
Loud sobs and tons of snot was the result.
But people have remembered that sermon ever since. Ha ha. :o)
What an amazing testament of the sacrificial love our Heavenly Father showed us when He sent His son to this Earth on our behalf, to carry the burden that is our sin on his own back, so that we might be able to see His Glory at the end of this eternal "race".
Thanks for sharing.
i'm with you christie...i do the ugly cry. it just flattens me.
wow that is awesome. What a great thing to share. Thanks Ape
Wow, that was amazing! How do you find out information about this family?
I have seen this before and it is awesome...emotional for sure!
Post a Comment