Monday, May 4, 2009

bike: 1 boy: 0

Once again, I am up for the "Mother of the Year Award."


And this time it's just in time for Mother's Day!


Go me!


It happened something like this.



loud thud against the front door


Me: What in the world?


I open the door and see my eldest. Attached to his bike. By his pants.


Eldest: Can you HELP ME?!


Me: ...


Eldest: PLEASE?!


Me: ... bwahahahahaha... hehehehe... hoo... *snort* hahahaha... ahem...


Eldest: ...


Me: Oh. Wait. Would you like a drink?


Eldest: Sure.


pouring drink and dialing husband to ask advice... no answer.


Eldest: MAMA!


Me: Coming!


phone rings...


It's the Senior Pastor!


Pastor Larry asks if everything is OK since I called the office and hung up when the answering machine picked up.


oops


I begin to explain our predicament to him, and he starts to give me advice about how to detach my son from his bike. It involves lifting the bike off of him and turning the pedals... or getting a socket set and loosening something... and then a story about how he once got his bell bottoms caught in his bike chain...


And the whole situation is starting to make me laugh. Hard. As in I can't catch my breath to respond.


And then I have to apologize because I CAN'T. STOP. LAUGHING.


I'm not sure what's funnier. That my kid is attached to his bike. Or that I get a call from my pastor.


Eldest: MAMA!


Me: Oh, yeah, coming.


*snap* *snap* *snap*


Eldest: Are you taking PICTURES?!


Me: Not anymore.











I took all the advice to heart, but in the end, my way just seemed easier.










Once again, I think the award belongs to me.

11 comments:

Darla said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA that happened to me so many times when I was a little girl and my parents always made me take off my pants too.

bwahahahah..oh the memories.

Misty said...

Bwahahahahaha.......he he he... Yes you have to win the mother of year award for that one. That's great! Love it! I'm sure he's so glad you didn't take a picture of the after result! ;) Good thinking mom.

Karen said...

Too funny. I can just picture the scenario. Glad had the great idea to take pictures "before" you helped him out. I think that your solution is the appropriate momma solution. It's exactly what I would have done (only problem is we live on a busy street:-) Good thing summer (shorts weather) is here:-)

Scott said...

The trouble is, I can see Larry telling you his story! Hands down, you win, no contest!

When I saw the picture of his blue jeans still attached to the bike, but no boy, here was my thought. "Oh No, she amputated his leg!"

Way to go Mom!

RichFam said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Well, hey... at least he can have a nice pair of cut-off shorts just in time for summer! HAHA! :o)

Bronie said...

thank you for your votes! really! hahaha

and you all know i'm a shoe-in, not because i extricated him, but because i took pictures.

obviously. :)

Jen said...

I'm really not sure which is funnier...the story with pictures...or my picturing your phone call with the pastor...yeah...it's a toss up. But you are definitely a shoe-in!

Anonymous said...

BRONIE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok this is so what I needed to read tonight!!! I can't stop laughing!!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! This was just way to funny!!!! Oh yeah umm... hope "R" is ok and not scarred from the embarrassment too much!

Kristy said...

Yes, ever since blogging - picture opportunities come around more than I would ever think! (The things we will post!)

Very funny - and I think I would have had him take his pants off as well!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Most definitely!

That was a completely awesome post... poor guy :) He'll never live that one down, I'm guessing!

-Andrea

kirsten said...

the last picture of just the jeans....LOVE IT!!!