Well.
In the kindest, most patient tone I could muster, I asked His Royal Hiney, if not a pop tart, then what would he be having for breakfast this morning?
"Peanut Budder pweeze."
Peanut Butter? Are you kidding me? The thought of it first thing in the morning, I must admit, made me gag a little, but he does love it. And he asked so politely. And well, you know, I aim to please.
So here was his breakfast.
Yes, those are "cookies." You got a problem with that? I figured as long as I was racing toward a "Mother of the Year" award what with serving my 2 year old peanut butter for breakfast, I might as well seal the nomination with some cookies a la carte. Besides, I didn't have the energy or the stomach to actually spread that stuff on bread that early in the morning and have to endure the smell. In fact I actually considered just handing him the jar, but being nominated and all, I took the extra loving and motherly step and actually spooned a glob of it into a bowl so he could dip his "treks" cookies into it.
While watching a little t.v.
I know! Am I gonna win or what? Then I decided that while he was occupied with what those health and fitness
And came back to find this.
and this
and I swear I couldn't have been gone for more than 5 or 10 minutes...tops (in dog years).
But it's o.k. As long as I am in the running for M.O.T.Y., I will not only indulge him with the best breakfast ever, I will also let him participate in another of his very favorite activities.
The boy does love a good shower. A good long shower. Almost as much as he likes getting mucked up with food and dirt. If only the hot water would last, I could go do my shopping for the week and drop by Roe's for a quick trim. Oh heck, and highlights.
Oh I kid. You know I wouldn't have time for the trim. That's just silly.
So let's recap.
I fed my son peanut butter for breakfast.
With cookies.
While unattended.
And watching t.v.
Then stuck him in the shower.
A nice looonnnggg shower.
I don't mean to brag, but I seriously think I'm a shoe-in for this award.
By the way, how do you like my hair?

10 comments:
I LOVE IT!! I'm glad someone else is running for MOTY too!
You always make me laugh! And I don't think cookies for breakfast ever harmed anyone.
Your hair... completely fabulous.
I say you got MOTY sewed up! RJ asked for cold pizza at breakfast the other day (Beth was not home), I said go ahead. His comment..."Papa, you rock!" Gotta love 'em!
Oh this is just too funny!!! My parents constantly joke about father and mother of the year awards!!
Hey peanut butter=protein and cookies=quick energy jump start......why not?! haha
Its better than fried doughnuts!
you left out that you filled his sippy cup with miller lite. rookie mistake.....maybe next year.
and THAT my friend is why we can't live in the same town!
do you think people know when we're kidding? i don't want people knockin' on my door seeing if the kids are dressed. cause today? i don't think they are. :)
It's nice to know someone else thinks like me too. Your a great mom! Hey cookies can't be any worse than a donut. i love it.
Darnit, you're stealing that award right out from under me. Shoot.
Those 'nilla wafers are too cute! Rainbow and Shrek, my kids would die!!! :-)
Your blog is so refreshing and wonderful, and you are just hysterical!
Whatever...it's all good. I have a kid that loves tacos for breakfast. There is no understanding kids' tastes.
I found your blog and had to come by and read - And of course I love reading about Mr. Wyatt! This is about the only blog I read and it was a funny one! I'll be back to read more :)
Post a Comment