Saturday, November 3, 2007

Sad Departure


With everything that has been going on lately, I think I have been remiss by failing to mention the passing of our "little" guinea pig, Heidi. We knew something was not quite right when we noticed a significant decrease in her normally large appetite and observed a marked change in her activity level...this one was a little tougher to distinguish.

Despite being in Emily's excellent care and sleeping next to a vaporizer to aid her labored breathing, Heidi didn't make it. Jay explained to Emily that, sadly, guinea pigs often get pneumonia, but that she did a really good job taking care of Heidi's needs, and that for a guinea pig, she had a pretty happy life.

Emily was understandably sad...and remarkably resilient. As her parents, we were a little surprised. Nevertheless, she continues to take good care of her other pet, Charlie, the (still untrained, though very cute) dog.

Here are a couple of pictures of bathtime. I'm sorry it's not video; it's very comical at times.





2 comments:

kirsten said...

tell emily we are so sorry. that's a tough loss. if she needs to come stay with us to recover she's more than welcome!!!!

Karen said...

Sorry to hear about Heidi. We miss you guys. Wow, shorts and a short sleeve shirt. I haven't seen those in a while up here:-)