Friday, November 30, 2007

you get my Dreft?

I finally made it, reached the highest height
The journey seemed endless, the goal out of sight
But with nothing to lose and everything to Gain
I stayed the course, though my energy waned

Load after load, I wanted to Shout
Though no one would care that I started to doubt
That I'd ever be able to finish it All
"Wisk me away!" I wanted to call

Though I Spray and I Wash, I need a Fresh Start!
"Out damn'd spot!" I'm losing heart
In the sun and the Surf I'm tempted to hide
For this task is too much---like a rising Tide

This laundry Biz is an unending saga
For I know it will start all over tomorra
But as for now, the end is here
Hooray! It's all done! It's time to Cheer!

8 comments:

kirsten said...

have you been sniffin' the soap? love it! you are so stinkin' creative!!!

Rick said...

At first I thought you were talking about National-Post-o-your-whatever... month. As I've surfed the blogs I've noticed a few people celebrating the end of that. Laundry is a whole lot more important matter. But I would cut back on the amount of detergent you're using. :0)

Thanks for dropping in on my blog. I try to keep things fresh there.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

The growing Adkinson family said...

Too funny. You are so creative I agree with K. I am not sure I have much of a brain to think up of such good stuff. I do good to finish a sentence right now. :) Oh by the way has your friend alicia had her baby yet?

Christie said...

Ha ha. I'm laughing as I stare down the piles of dirty laundry on my bedroom floor calling my name. Does it ever end?!

piper said...

Thank you for commenting on Bliss in Bloom! What a great surprise to see a new face :)

Your blog is fantastic, I'm adding you to my Blogs of Love, so I don't lose you!

I'm a child of the King as well...way to represent sister!

Bronie said...

hey thanks piper. i'll give ya some linky love, too!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

That is awesome Bronie! My mom use to make up little poems like this when I was growing up - my brothers and I loved it.

You have such a great way about you :)

-Andrea

Rachel said...

ROFL!
That is adorable!
How fun and creative you are. Can't wait to come back.