Wednesday, November 21, 2007

toofs and fairies

So "Rufus" is still losing "toofs." Will it never end? This is the same kid, who once he realized that cash was involved, would actually wiggle not-yet-loose teeth until they surrendered and vacated his mouth...simply for the promised bounty. I guess I thought that he'd run out of stuff to pull. Alas, not yet.

This is a picture of "Rufus" during one of his not-so-bright ideas. He has tied dental floss around the dangling tooth, anchored by one lonely, yet stubborn little root, to the door knob. See?



I think he may be rethinking his decision. Ahhh, don't we love teaching moments?



And this is "Rufus" when the family gathered around him, all biding their time and awaiting their chance to yank that little sucker out. Can you see the panic?



Ok. So it's getting to be lunchtime, and this has been going on for approximately 30 minutes, from the couch to the door. Enough drama, already. Here is how the rest played out...good Mother that I am.

"Pull that stupid tooth or you're not eating lunch!"

I promise you, not 2 minutes later, somehow, mysteriously the tooth just came out. A little incentive never hurt anyone...especially a pre-teen with the appetite of a rhinoceros.

2 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha! I used to do that :) I was so sad when I ran out of teeth! Ohe time I thought I had accidently pulled out a permanant tooth and freaked out! haha!

Shawna said...

This is great!!! Love the shots, especially the after.