We had a nice Thanksgiving yesterday. We didn't get to go home (meaning Tennessee) for the holiday, but we hosted a few friends at our house, and we all contributed to what was a fantastic meal! It was nice not having to prepare everything myself, and I didn't even cook the turkey this year. I usually roast that big bird in the oven, but our friend Jim, who is the 'cooker' at his house and a foody, grillin', new gadget kind of guy, bought a smoker a while back and volunteered to cook the turkey. I thought that was a great idea, and it would free up my time and my oven to concentrate on some kickin' side dishes.
Everything was really good, and everyone seemed to enjoy the food and the company. However, I think I have a turkey hangover. I'm not kidding. I've been dragging around here all day, and all I wanted to do was go back to bed and "sleep it off." I'm not sure if it's the tryptophan that has me trippin' or if there was something suspect in that smoke. I think I should find out.
Late in the afternoon, someone decided we should play a board game. Luckily, my "symptoms" didn't kick in yesterday, or Connie and I might not have been able to beat the boys (our husbands) at Trivial Pursuit Genus Edition. I have to mention it because, try as we might, we rarely win. I think Jim studies the cards at home...or just stores lots of random facts in his head. Either way, the guys regularly kick our butts.
Whatever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Bet that turkey was fantastic! And....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Woohoo on winning the game.
Bronie, just clicked on "cartoon guy" in your list of favorites, just to see who else had a cartoon blog, and then discovered that I WAS the cartoon guy. Thanks for listing me among your favorites. I am honored.
Rick
haha! That's a funny way to describe Jim :) haha! Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun :)
Congrats on beating the boys!
Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with friends! It must have been nice to have your oven freed up too - since our turkey cooks all night and all day I really have to plan wisely! Maybe someday I'll have two ovens! A girl can dream, right? :)
Of course you can link to me - thanks for the thought and for asking. I appreciate both.
Awesome job winning the game! I love it when I beat my husband at anything - it happens so rarely I feel as though I relish it for as long as possible! :)
-Andrea
I so understand the need to get the word out about winning at Trivial Pursuit. The only way I win, is if I get on Chad's team:-) Glad to hear you guys had a good time.
Chad got a kick out of your tryptophan hangover:-)
We played Cranium and yes, the guys won!! Ugh!!
Post a Comment