
"Do you spend the first half of each year trying to keep up with resolutions or promises you made to yourself about how “this year will be different?” Then do you spend the second half of the year planning what you will begin doing next year to finally get everything under control? It’s a vicious cycle, isn’t it?
Well, we are here to challenge you—and ourselves—to put a stop to this vicious cycle. The last six months of 2008 starts this month. So are you ready to END ‘08 GREAT?"
The gals over at "Happy to be at Home" have issued this challenge, and my friend Alicia said she's in. Well, I'm in too, and it should not leave me at a loss for posts.
Heh.
Anyway, here's our first project...Emily's closet.
BEFORE...
In her defense, this closet which is pretty big was the nearest "drop-off" point when we moved in a few months ago so lots of stuff that doesn't actually belong got dumped in there because of location and size. Nevertheless, as you can see, this is not acceptable. And li'l miss has certainly done her share to make this a danger zone.
Today. It has to be done TODAY. If it hairlips us all, it WILL.BE.DONE.TODAY.
Does anyone else do this?
I do this with my hair, too. Could I call ahead to schedule? Or make an appointment for my next cut or highlights while I'm actually there?
Well, yes, I suppose I could. But that would virtually eliminate the emergency hair call, and where's the fun in that?
*sigh*
Anyway, today was the day. Here are a few "AFTER" pics.
Can I just say that I no longer break out in hives at the thought of going in there? Ahhh, I can breathe. And the added bonus? We packed up 4 large boxes (which we had just unpacked) and 1 large bag of usable clothes and toys to donate...which means all that stuff is leaving my house. YIPPEE!
Now tomorrow we'll tackle something else. Like what to do with all the toys W confiscated while we were organizing, saying things like, "Ohhh! I love Christmas! This is my favorite toy!" He's such a cute little LIAR. He had never laid eyes on that stuff. I wondered why he kept coming in to "help."
Whatever.
Tomorrow's another day.
And another mess to conquer.
Wish me luck, m'kay?

12 comments:
Wow! Great job girlfriend! It looks fab!
But, totally not fair! I am nowhere near being done with my "tasK' Bummer, looks like I need to get my booty in gear :p
Oh - And ya'll are MORE than welcome to come on out! (So excited!) We are just about 15 minutes of I-10! Woo-hoo!!
Alicia
(going to go de-clutter)
You did good!!!! What to make a trip to Crowley, I have a couple, uh several closets that need intervention!!!!
I might have to check this website if I have time (or the desire to become motivated, LOL)
GOOD JOB!! I'm so impressed. You did a wonderful job!
Sorry. I got a little carried away there. But moms need the same kind of encouragement we give our kids, right? Keep organizing and getting rid of stuff!
Great Job!! Can I have that closet Emily? That is every girl's dream, to have her own room and own closet that is as big as a room (or hiding place from all her brothers).
You go girl! Great Job! I'm trying to declutter, but moving way slower than you. Thanks for the inspiration! ...and may I say you are awfully brave for posting before pics.
Wow!! Her closet looks great!!! For some reason they never stay looking like that in my house:-( It's easier keeping some of the mess down just by keeping the toys in the basement, but I think they are multiplying down there!:-)
I am impressed, but then I know you are great at organizing stuff so I have to say I'm not too surprised it looks so good.
Great job girl!!! You did an amazing job - now I want a picture of it at the end of the year as well ;) W is too funny! He always keeps me laughin!
Yep... we (or I should say, I ) have been doing the same thing lately. I just finished Rebekah's closet and bedroom. I should finish up on the master bedroom soon (and by soon I mean by next summer... maybe).
But, it took me longer than just a day to get Bekah's room done, so you are hired if you ever want to come help over here! Ha ha.
And is it just me, or does the rest of the house make up for lost time? While I am busy cleaning the closets, the rest of the house looks worse than ever! Argh! :o)
stop...please. i can't handle the guilt. go check out flylady.net (for the truly obsessed)
can you come do my house...?
Awesome job!
LUCK!
You are spankin' those messes!
You go girl!
-Andrea
WOW!!!!! My little crazy hiatus has caused me to not visit oh so regularly...but now I'm all caught up and WOW!!!!! I can't believe it! Who are you? The closets and everything look amazing. I'm so proud! Do you want to make a visit to Columbus in about a month when I actually get all my stuff moved in? hehehe
Post a Comment