Thursday, July 10, 2008

same song, more verses

It cracks me up that you guys are still reading. And leaving comments. I thank you for your encouragement, but there is something so funny to me about watching the saga of someone de-cluttering. But you guys are the greatest, and I appreciate your letting me get this out of my system. On my blog. In public. In front of an audience. Weird. Just plain weird.


Maybe some of you are like my sister-in-law, self-described as a little OCD, who emailed me this morning to say how excited all this makes her. I just laughed out loud. Her house, with husband, three kids and pets is always clean and organized. I don't know quite how she does it, but she's awesome, and I love her!


Maybe I had a single, microscopic dormant OCD cell living somewhere inside me whose lifespan is nearing its end. Whatever the case, I suppose I should just shut up and be thankful that it "came alive" for a period of time.


Yeah, we're going with that.


Anyway, today's 'task' was to organize and purge the little ones' clothes. I have had my hands on EVERY.SINGLE.PIECE. They sure do have a lot of stuff! Don't get me wrong; I am ever so grateful for the hand-me-downs that people have passed on to us, but their stuff was everywhere!


As a bit of explanation, not that you care, (but maybe as a reminder to myself), in the house we rented before we moved, the kids' rooms were upstairs, but since Elijah slept in our room and we bathed the little ones downstairs, I had a drawer (or two) in my dresser that held their stuff. And then some of it was in my closet. And some actually in their room. Aaargh! This craziness continued to some degree after we moved. Until today.


Even though the little boys are sleeping in our room, Emily graciously allows their armoire and changing table to "live" in her room until we move ALL the boys upstairs. Hopefully before they are ready to move out on their own. Anyway, today all their clothes got purged and organized into one space, and I got my dresser back! There are still a few things hanging in my closet, which is huge, so they are not in the way.


That being said, here are our results from today. I forgot to take "before" pics. I'm thinking this is not a huge deal unless you actually enjoy watching paint dry, but here are the "afters." Again, this is more for me, but it feels great to know where everything is and to stand in one place to get it.


Yippee!


Elijah's clothes are in the armoire, complete with a stack of "to grow into" for next year.


















W's clothes are now stored in the changing table.















And here is the huge "stack-o-stuff" from this week waiting to be relocated to its new home.















WOOHOO!

8 comments:

Kristy said...

Well, this all looks great, but for those of us who could watch HGTV day and night, you really need to remember to post the BEFORE pics for us to truly appreciate your manic cleaning spree!

Bridgett said...

I agree, we MUST have the before pics to really appreciate your work.

BTW, the offer is still open for you to come to Crowley. I will pay for your plane ticket and kick one of the girls out of their room for you to sleep in. Don't you need a break from all your boys. You can even bring your Emily to play with my Emilee and Ashlee!!!!

RichFam said...

Well, it looks like you have a LOT of visiting to do before that tiny OCD cell's lifespan comes to an end.

I'm still waiting... :o)

By the way, if you can figure out how to keep their clothes nice & neat for longer than one day (unlike my crew), let me know. I will be ready with pen in hand to take notes! Ha ha

Anonymous said...

This is so like the show on HGTV where they come in and get you all organized (except you are doing it yourself which is even better!!) But yes next time don't you forget those before pictures LOL :)

jim said...

from connie...if you cough on me, do you think that OCD cell/germ would live in me for a while? I'm thinking of my jetted tub that has been acting as miscellaneous storage for going on a year now. You know the one. The last time I went on a cleaning/organizing frenzy like you're in, it was my nesting phase just before childbirth. "I'm just saying..."

Bronie said...

connie, you hate me don't you? well, cough cough, hack, aack and splat! there, that should do it.

Misty Burns said...

that is awesome!! i love watching things get organized!!! it makes me feel so relaxed. everything has a place, and there is a place for everything.

Sam said...

Now that is what I call Alot Of Work! but the result is always worth it!
I had tackle my back bedroom/attic to find a dead mouse and found alot of Stuff.
Alot of that 'stuff' went to goodwill and to the consignment store...Still havent found the mouse!
Love you Guys!! Great Job!