You may or may not have noticed that I have not posted anything for a few days. It's not that I don't have anything to say. In fact, today's post could have been titled "Wordy Wednesday."
Alas, the reason for my hiatus is that our internet service has been down.
BECAUSE OUR HOUSE WAS STRUCK BY LIGHTNING SATURDAY AFTERNOON!

I know! Can you believe it?!
No, this is not the actual picture, thanks for asking. I may have been too busy (
So sue me.
However, here is our story in pictures. With some explanation. Obviously.
Lightning strikes big tree fifteen feet from our house...
...shaving bark off tree and onto ground below...
...travels along roots toward the house spraying mud and muck all the way up the brick to the roof...
...continuing to the inside, explodes an outlet cover into shards...
...cracking the wall in two places...
...causing noxious "burning rubber" smell throughout downstairs, causing fear of fire in homeowners...
(If you are looking for a picture of the bad smell, it's not here.)
...killed both cars which had to be towed away...
That's pretty much it. I may or may not have covered my ears and screamed like a little girl when the strike hit and the room glowed blue. Just sayin'.
Thankfully there was no fire, the ringing in my ears went away, our family was unharmed, and we have insurance to cover the damages.
We have lived to go another round with Mother Nature. Bring it on, old lady!
God's on our side!

18 comments:
no way. can't even be sarcastic here...just NO WAY!
wow. is that the sound of locust wings....?
LOL, I am speechless. Serious, me... speechless!
Wow.
Glad to hear you guys are ok. :)
Alicia
Oh my! Glad you all are safe!
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!
You guys must have some sort of beacon that seems to call all of nature's fury towards your family! Find that thing and get rid of it!
So glad that God has spared you all(once again) without a scratch! :o)
all i can say is oh my. That is just crazy. I am glad you are all ok.
I think Mother nature needs to give you a break.
OMG! I swear you guys have used up all your nine lives. Surely not! Your just joking around, right? Wow! Well, I don't think there's that much more that could possibly happen. Maybe you guys should build a basement and live in it. Just kidding around. I'm so glad you guys are okay and I hope things get fixed and back to normal soon. Bless your heart! Hey I would have screamed like a girl too.
Oh my gosh Bronie, I am glad you are all okay! I was wondering what lightning could do, and well I guess it can do a lot! wow...
oh my goodness!!! i am glad you are ok. around the 4th lightning struck right outside our house blowing a dish receiver, phone, and wireless router. however, nothing like what you experienced!!!you poor thing. check out our blog...it might make you feel better.
Well You had more damage than we had last nite..Our office fax machine is fried, our computer is going to the shop, our voip is fried and our AT&T guy spent four hours at our house today!
One of the times I heard the dogs barking and he was standing at the edge of the steps with a screwdriver in his hand glaring at our 7 lb. Min Pin!! I am partially back in business!
This is unreal. You guys are on "Mother Natures Most Wanted" list.
You all are not close to the Mississippi Valley New Madrid zone are you??? Please tell me your not!!!
You have got to be kidding me!
I'm so glad you are all ok!
(both vehicles? really?!?!?!)
Bronie, I think you should live further away from any other people lest your curse start having a larger radius of destruction. Seriously. If I was your neighbor I would be terrified. What is the deal with yall and nature? At least this time you didn't have to evacuate for something.
Oh my!!!!! What did you do to Mother Nature?:-) Good thing for you guys that God has your back!:-)
Glad you're all okay and the damage is fixable. You are one strong woman to make it through all these storms in your life! Pray'n for ya sista.
WOW!!!!!!!!
Wow! Just now reading your blog. Good grief! I can NOT believe you are having yet another round. I am thankful you are safe and that God IS on your side, cause...whew!
Glad ya'll are OK! Whew - what a scare!
Wow- I'm so glad that you're all okay.
BTW, I love your response to your husband saying that you're the common denominator in all the weather mishaps ( : Very clever. I can never seem to think on my feet like that. It always comes to me later, if at all ( :
Holy smokes!!!!!!!
I know how it feels. Our house was hit by lightening when I was a teenager. My brother had just walked away from the sink full of dishes he was washing. Thankfully.
It caused a heck of a lot of damage and it was downright terrifying.
I am so glad you are all okay. People don't realize the magnitude of a lightning strike until they live to see one.
-Andrea
Post a Comment