I just dunno.
The wasted space under the stairs has become "toy central" and a makeshift library since everyone is sharing bedrooms. It's just too much.
Here's what we did today.
BEFORE...
We relocated the bookshelf to Emily's ginormous closet which will keep the mini-marauder from pulling stuff off the shelf just for fun.
Also, we packed up some of the toys into a plastic bin to try and "rotate" them in and out. They don't play with it all anyway. This way, every few weeks they'll have something 'fresh' to play with.
Lastly, a BIG THANK YOU to my friend, Christie, for the dishpan storage idea. Love LOVE it! It's cheap and a good way to teach the little ones to actually put their things away instead of just flinging it all in the direction of the toy box. I took pictures and put them on the front so the little ones know what goes where.
AFTER...
Next?!

9 comments:
OK!!!
Let me repeat: You are HIRED!
My kids are making piles of messes for you to clean up right this minute!
So... when ya comin'?
he he :o)
Must be in the air...I got on a rampage to clean G's room only there are no before and after photos and I made hubby do the cleaning while I was at work today.
You're on a roll, girl, but be careful...You're making the rest of us look really bad...
You go girl! WOW I just can't even say enough - you are awesome!!!! As Andrea will say "You Rock!!!"
Dang girl - YOU ON FIRE!
Me? Not even smoldering.. so sad.
Can't wait to see what you tackle next!
Alicia
vickie, if you have figured out how to make DOUG do it, you may be on to something. TEACH ME THIS!
Man!!! YOu are on a roll. Please, Please, Please, come help me. Your doing an awesome job. Now, if only the kids will leave it that way! What time can i expect you??? He he he.... I"ll even pay
WOW Bronie!!! What a huge difference!! You did such a great job!!!
I blink for a week and you write a post everyday! Maybe I need to subscribe to one of those reader things or something?!
Anyhow, I'm impressed! When you tackle something you really get 'er done!
I haven't even had my first cup of coffee this morning, so, I think that's the only thing I better tackle right now ( :
You're welcome. I can't believe that the dish pan idea isn't in the take home instructions from the hospital..."Clean umbilical cord twice daily with a swab soaked in alcohol. Buy dish pans to store your new baby's things." Maybe that would be expecting too much. Congrats. I'm proud of you!
Post a Comment