Friday, December 7, 2007

things i would never have known if it weren't for my kids

that silence for longer than .08 seconds means somebody's into something

that a 2 year old can find and then carry an almost full container of liquid detergent from the laundry room to the kitchen

that he can then open and empty an almost full container of detergent all over the floor without any accomplices his older siblings seeing or hearing anything

that a 2 year old boy drenched in liquid laundry detergent is slippery

that after a thirty minute shower, a 2 year old will remain sticky to the touch

that towels used to soak up gooey mess cannot be washed in a single load without a volcanic type eruption of bubbles cascading out of the washing machine

that each sock of a two year old boy sitting in a puddle of liquid laundry detergent harbors enough cleaning power to do one load each (this would have been good to know before washing the stupid towels)

that the kitchen floor remains a hazard up to several weeks after said incident

that in order to slide like a monkey on a banana peel glide across the floor with all the panache of an Olympic figure skater, all you do is add water

that he's lucky he's cute...it makes it easier to let him live another day

12 comments:

Sam said...

sounds like you have had another exciting day. Are you guys packing?

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Oh Boy! Life is never dull with children, is it?

I've said that so much... it's a good thing they are cute! ;)

-Andrea

Misty said...

Wow! The things are wonderful kiddos can teach us. It's nice to know though, just in case I must ever experience the same joy in life. I can so picture this scene as it unfolds and I'm sorry but I can't help but chuckle. You have to laugh. Although, I'm sure your not laughing. Or maybe just a little bit on the inside. LOL Ya gotta love it....

Misty said...

Hey, at least he had the common sense to carry it into the kitchen rather than on the carpet. I mean come on now, give the kid some credit... LOL

Maria said...

I'm glad you mentioned it! I would have thown the towels in the washer, too. Maybe a wet/dry vac? Then rinse it down the drain. I'm surprised this hasn't happened to me yet.

SouthAsiaRocks said...

hahaha! That was hilarious!!!! I LOVE it! You crack me up!!!! Do you have pictures of this awesome event??

Bronie said...

i actually don't have a picture. when the big kids (who were supposed to be watching him) finally saw it, they screamed for me as if something had been amputated. in my panic, i just tried to get wild man out of the mess as quickly as possible. not knowing the absorption rate, through his skin--not his clothes, i just tried to clean him up quickly. holding onto him was like trying to wrestle a greased pig. sorry, no pic. if it makes you feel better, the whole scene is now burned into my brain.

Nicole said...

David laughed out loud when he read your "adventure", and that doesn't happen very often. I did make sure that he did live to see another day, because your lovin' 'em...the WHOLE time you're cleaning up that mess!

Anonymous said...

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I know what it's like when I get it on my hands and that is bad enough!! Oh I am so sorry!! I don't know if you will ever get it out of the towels!!! You poor thing!!! But you did learn a lot!!!

kirsten said...

he must have read your blog on laundry a few weeks ago....i'm surprise that's ALL that happened. ha.

Shawna said...

Advice every mother of a two year old needs:) I'll remember to keep our laundry detergent locked up!!

Papa Jim said...

Haha - I guess having kids is like "you learn something everyday" on steroids.
-- BD @ BusyDadBlog.com