Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Toddler Talk

Conversations this week with my little parrot 2 year old.


while sitting on the stairs playing with toys...

Wild Man: "I hate this toy!"

Me: (a little surprised at *hate*) "What sweetie?"

Wild Man: "I HATE this toy!"

Me: "Aw, that's not very nice. I thought you liked that toy."

Wild Man: "Yeah, I wike it. See my belly button?"

I believe in giving credit where credit is due. This one falls squarely in the hands of older siblings. Ex: "I HATE doing dishes!"


later that day...


Me: "Are you ready for lunch?"

Wild Man: "I want pizza."

Me: "I don't have pizza. I'm making you a sandwich. Want some goldfish too?"

Wild Man: "No. You being mean to me."

Me: whuh? "I'm being nice to you by making your lunch, silly."

Wild Man: "I want pizza."

Me: "You're having a sandwich today."

Wild Man: (slightly under his breath) "Meany."

Again, credit here to big brother and sister who when asked to clean their room, do a chore, ANYTHING they don't want to do, usually reply, "You're SO mean!"


*Yeah, then why don't you cook your own meals and wash your own laundry you ingrates?! Your room looks like you share it with a herd of wild boars. And theirs is the clean side! And while you're in there changing your clothes, see if you can change your attitude!*


I'm sorry, I was daydreaming for a minute. I'm back.


Wild Man: "What's 'Wijah' eating?"

Me: "Baby food. Let's see, garden vegetables and bananas."

Wild Man: "Wemme twy it."

Me: "Ok. Here ya go." (making sure to give him a good taste of it)

while swallowing hard and squinting

Wild Man: "That's nasty!"

Me: "Elijah likes it."

Wild Man: "That's uh-scust-ing!" (disgusting)

Again, credit goes to 'Bubba' and 'Sissy'


That's it for today. Tune in next time for more Toddler Talk.

6 comments:

Misty said...

YOu have to love the toddler talk. They are so darn cute.

Anonymous said...

I don't have toddlers so it's fun to hear the stories again!!!

About the rooms!! My 19 and 16 yr old girls room is a pig stie and I cannot stand it. I close the door but I know it hasn't gone away!

Be Inspired Always said...

Great stories, How cute that toddler talk is.


Merry Christmas,
Jillian


I'm new to your blog, please feel welcomed to come and visit mine.

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

I love when kids say words incorrectly or when they USE them incorrectly. It ALWAYS makes me giggle. My kids are getting embarrassed at that now, so I have to correct them (ages 4 and 6). I love the brutal honesty of kids, too, even though it CAN put you in a compromsing position.
KEEP BELIEVING

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

This is just too cute! Dont you love talking to little ones and hearing what they have to say?! This is part of why I love my job so much!!


How did you get that breast cancer sight onto your blog??? I would love that on mine for my mom!

Bronie said...

hey alicia,

just click on the link and it will direct you to their site. then (on the left i think) you can link up to them by copying the code and posting on your site. there are several buttons to choose from.