Tuesday, March 4, 2008

put on the full armor

Me: Hey li'l buddy, wanna help Mama do the laundry?

W: I help you, Mama. Jussa minute.

He takes off toward his sister's room (which he is currently sharing) and is gone for several minutes. I think he's gotten distracted so I go ahead and get started by myself.

This is what shows up next...








Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor so that you can take your stand against the devil's washer's schemes. For our struggle is not against normal household appliances, but against rigged-up, jack-legged, redneck ones of this dark laundry room and against the washer's forces of evil in the cleanliness realms. Therefore put on the full armor, so that when the day of evil laundry comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have washed, dried, folded and put away, to stand. Stand firm then with the helmet of safety, and hold tight to the hose, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gush of water. In addition to all this, take up the shield of the back door with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows spouting water of the evil one washer.

Amen.

Obviously, our laundry woes have not been lost on the 2 year old. Bless his little heart.

(Taken oh so loosely from Ephesians 6:10-16) Please go read it for yourself.

10 comments:

Kristy said...

You never fail to make me laugh, and Oh I do pray your laundry woes end soon!!

Angie @ KEEP BELIEVING said...

Your washer trials deserve a verse all their own.

KEEP BELIEVING

Anonymous said...

How funny! And even funnier that our sermon Sunday was about the Armor of God! And hey the lesson in children's church was about children being special - so wow he took both messages and did it all on his own! Love me some Wyatt!

SouthAsiaRocks said...

haha! That is absolutely hilarious!!! THa'ts so funny!!!

Misty Burns said...

he is too funny. looks like he gets his sense of humor from you. Thank goodness!!! he is so cute. cant wait to get together soon.

Misty said...

I love you guys so much! You make my day.... I love it.

Shannon said...

So Cute. . . what a precious boy ( :

kirsten said...

classic! nothing can top that one!

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I saw sun in your backyard! How I have missed the sun....

Love the helmet! I didn't realize the washing machine issue was so bad that it required protective gear! ;)

-Andrea

Tara said...

Lol - what a riot! Love the "armor of God" revision!