W: Wuzzy doin' Mama?
making frowny face for the toddler's sake...
Me: He's smoking. That's yucky.
W: It's yucky?
Me: Yes, baby, it makes your body sick, and it's stinky.
W: It's stinky?
Me: Yes. Smoking is yucky and stinky, and you should not do it. Ever.
W: Ok. I not smote. It's yucky. And stinky.
thinking this lesson was successful for now and ready to move on...
Me: That's right. Look! Here comes Daddy.
as soon as the door clicks shut...
W: I smote.
* uncontrollable giggles and snorts from the backseat *
confused...
J: What did he say?
flustered...
Me: What did you say?
looking rather smug...
W: I say I smote.
* muffled laughs *
trying to save face, through clenched teeth and the stare of death into the rearview mirror at the big kids...
Me: No you don't. Remember? SWEETIE? SMOKING IS YUCKY AND STINKY.
W: NO! IT'S NOT! I SAY I TWY SMOTE!
Jay, trying not to let crazed toddler see him laughing, says to me under his breath...
J: What did you do? I was gone for three minutes, and now our two year old wants to smoke? Maybe you should go in next time.
completely dumbfounded and defeated
Me: Yeah. Okay. *sigh*

12 comments:
just be glad that he can pronounce words pretty clearly...ben yelled the other day...."truck mommy! truck mommy!"
and it didn't sound like truck.
:)
and by the way, you win the blog comment trophy! you rock on dr. seuss!!!
I remember somebody harassing me pretty bad about smoking. Do you remember?
Little Christian smoker
Puffing through the forrest...
Does that bring back memories? Anyway, you keep telling W that smoting is bad. He can always call me and I will back you up!
Two possibilities:
1) you have a polar-response child
2) he's been eying big bro's stash of candy
Connie
Ok - I know I am horrible but I am just rolling laughing here!! I can just picture this entire conversation going on!!!!
Sorry, but Doug and I couldn't stop laughing. I can actually close my eyes and picture this whole conversation.
W is just testing your sanity...
hahaha! your stories crack me up! That was hilarious! He's going to give you a run for your money - haha! What a cutie :)
This is just too funny!! I laughed out loud! Kids are just so cute, arent they?!
too funny!
too funny. My kids go around telling linda to stop smoking. At first though when bailee saw people smoking she would come home and get a crayon and say she was smoking at least he sisnt have a crayon handy. :)
HEY BRONIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I missed your birthday.......so from one Southerner to another:
This is for you!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoJh_PzK0xk
Oooops, wrong song, try this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtjLDJ_MJHc.
The things they'll say!!
Post a Comment