Due to the recent and marked change in your behavior, I feel the need as CPO (Chief Parenting Officer) to inform you that it is our desire to reconstitute the governance to which we had all grown accustomed, and our highest priority is to reestablish some semblance of order. I also wish you to know that while we will diligently seek a peaceable reconciliation, we are prepared to take further action as necessary, some of which may be categorized as
Due to your litigious nature as of late, many have hypothesized the catalyst of such a marked change. Some theories include:
a) ingestion of a foreign, presumably toxic, substance
b) having been temporarily overtaken by an extra-terrestrial given to fits of rage
c) the mastication of multitudinous quantities of bananas resulting in simian-like behavior
d) the receipt of a blow to the head, either self-induced, or by a sibling, effectuating the similitude of a tiny terrorist
While these hypotheses have been taken into careful consideration, it has come to our attention that most "experts" (sans children) consider the causation of this change to be an expected phase, and in their professional opinion, cavilling and cavorting in even the strangest of ways falls within their own defined "normal" limits.
heh.
That being said, as CPO, I am willing to continue our working relationship and to allow you to continue to reside in your current domain, receiving the same level of care and compensation to which you are accustomed in the form of unconditional love and hugs, clean laundry, hot meals, *toys with which to play (see below for details), the reading of books, and a timely change of wet/soiled disposable undergarments pursuant to, and in spite of, your abhorrence of said toilet training. (additional explanation below)
While it is my intention to make every effort toward a peaceable resolution, there are several behaviors which will not be tolerated.
For example:
While you are free to play with the myriad of play things available to you (as long as they are put away when not in use and handled in the manner in which they are intended), *the throwing of said play things will result in their immediate removal from the premise.
And consider yourself warned, that the (presumed) fit that follows the abeyance of toy privileges will also not be tolerated and may result in the precision usage of duct tape.
The grace period for your aversion to toilet training is nearing its end. Obviously, you are not in any way moved by
Banging your head when you are angry does not hurt me; it only leaves sizable lumps on your noggin. Please stop.
Your categorical determination to scream your head off while riding in the van unless I am holding your hand is growing old and hyperextending my shoulders which gives me momentary lapses and visions of driving into a tree. Please stop.
While I recognize there exists a small language barrier between the CPO and yourself, it grows smaller by the day, and will no longer be considered an excuse to ignore or otherwise disobey said requests and/or commands. Comprendez-vous?
While everyone is entitled to change their mind, your incessant indignation over your cup being filled with the wrong drink, the precise one you requested, by the way, is, well...crazy. I think there is medication for this kind of crazy.
And lastly, yes, I know that you cannot yet read. I taught you to communicate through speech, and frankly, I question the wisdom of that decision at least once every hour on a daily basis, especially when you respond to conciliatory requests with screams and shouts of, "NO! I NOT DO DAT!" You will be taught to read one day, but until then, I am referring you to the EPO (Executive Parenting Officer), better known as Daddy, for any questions you may have concerning this notice.
The CPO is out to lunch until further notice.
Sincerely,
The CPO
Better known as Mommy.

17 comments:
Girl u are tooo funny. U must have had a ruff day with mr w. :) I had a ruff day with mine yesterday too. W and Bryson sound a lot a like. Why are they so picky with the whole sippy cup thing? I figure my 2 better be glad that I am getting them a drink. :)2 and even 4 year olds are so defiant. I am glad I have a 3 month old to gaze at when they are yelling at me and telling me NO. :) Have u another one :) I know im funny right.?
Whew, I am exhausted just reading it.
While I admit to missing having babies/toddlers around all I have to do is read your blog and then I don't miss it so much. THANKS!!!
Too funny:-) I can imagine the day that lead to this post. (hmmm I probably just experienced one just like it:-) I think your day sounded like it should have ended with a "girlfriend" trip for dessert. Wish I was closer to take ya.
Woman! Write a book, already!
I love reading everything you write - you are talented and funny! Your children are BLESSED to have you be their mother. Humor will never be lacking in their lives. ;)
-Andrea
p.s. Hey, do you have any extra pink slips? I have a two year old over here that is in desperate need of one!
Why didn't I think of pink slips??????
The worst I ever did was go on strike! I no longer do the girls laundry. After gently folding and sorting and putting away clean laundry, I have had years of washing and rewashing clean clothes. The idea that somehow clothes get dirty if tried on and not liked (hence being tossed on the floor), or towels get dirty after drying off a clean body one time, has caused me to make that executive decision.
I'll let you know how that worked out....in about 6 years! LOL.
I know it's horrible that I find humor in your rough day! How long can you use the excuse "He's 2, he'll grow out of it?" - Until then you will be in my prayers!
Bronie, this is fantastically hilarious. Not so much fun for YOU, I can imagine, but plenty fun for the rest of us to read.
Speaking of which, I demand some form of cola in MY sippy cup upon my return to Louisiana. If my own CPO (Connie parent/other) isn't up to the task, I humbly request that you man the helm. I don't give one whit that I'll be turning, you know, the age that I'm soon turning.
I love you woman! Thanks for helping me laugh at the behavior of my 2 year old which is strikingly similar to that of your two year old. You are good medicine for me!
haha! You crack me up!
Bronie, I laughed until I cried -then laughed some more! You can't be talking about Wyatt? That sweet little boy, I was just telling Jay at the service Sun. night that he is always smiling. At least he is a dear in public! And so cute! I agree - write a book already!
do they make pink slips for 5 and 7 year olds. Mine are on the verge....
WOW Bronie, I am not sure who you are talking about. Last night he was an "angel". No, really, I know exactly what you are going through, for some reason they seem to behave so differently when they are away from home. Thank goodness. Wanted to let you know they were all "WELL BEHAVED" last night.
That is so funny...partially because it rings so true (a lot of it even for my 5yr old)!
Bronie,that was too funny! Motherhood sure does give you PLENTY to write about BTW,it was so nice to hear from you!
Your penchant for creativity and humor never ceases to amaze me!
so....he takes after Jay's side of the family. figures.
Such a clever post, Bronie!! You are hilarious - lol!
Note: my blog address changed slightly - arbosacres.blogspot.
I enjoy your blog! Have a happy day!
Tara
Post a Comment