And I knew they could not possibly be talking about this.
So someone asked, "Where have you all been?"
"Well, we just took a ride in the new Lexus. Aw man, it's great. Smooth, quiet ride. 0-60 in blah blah blah..."
The girls eyed each other, and in one swift motion, car keys were snatched away and children were
Five of us hopped in with L behind the wheel and decided to take it for a spin in a town that all but rolls up its sidewalks by 9pm. Oh well, the interstate is near by.
Taking a new car for a spin is not rocket science, but when you have five females oohing and ahhhing over the new leather smell, and listening to the "car lady" talk and tell you how to do things with your new car, and oh turn here, and look, something shiny...well, things can go awry. Like driving a whopping 60mph on the highway and still missing your exit.
I personally think it's that even a sweet ride like a Lexus is not necessarily designed to accomodate that much estrogen in a single spin. And estrogen, as we all know, can cause uncontrollable, inexplicable laughing that ends up in inane conversations like this one:
C to L: (in the front seat) Wanna hear something stupid?
R: (all concerned in the back seat) Ohhhh, did she say, "You're so stupid?"
K and me: (also in the back seat now howling with laughter) bwah haha No, haha, she said...
C: (laughing) No, I said, Wanna hear something [comma] Stupid?
Yes, she actually said comma.
R,K and me: (gasps! then giggles...)
L: ...
C: (laughing uncontrollably, trying to explain)
L: ...
R,K, and me: (by now snorting and out of control)
L to back seat: Did she call me stupid?
C: (trying furiously to stop laughing so she can talk) No, I said, Do you wanna hear something stupid? You know like a stupid story? I had a dream about my cat... *snort* Do these seats have a moisture barrier?
(entire car erupts into more snorts and giggles for fear C has wet her pants from laughing so hard)
L: NO! There's no moisture barrier! WHY??!!???! Does there NEED to be?
And it continued downhill from there...
Taking a short spin in your friend's new Lexus: $10 (for gas)
Hearing a dream about a cat coming up and down out of the toilet: Um...what's the going rate for a therapist these days?
Laughing with friends: PRICELESS

11 comments:
First off - I KNOW who C is. And I am howling with laughter. Literally, my eyes teared up. Is that really possible through from the internet.
I think it's time she started writing about the dreams she has about that cat. :)
I finally posted the MEME!!! :)
Sounds like you girls were having too much fun. I love times like that were everybody just laughs until you cry or (Pee) :) I like the end of the post were you typed it like the credit card commercial. To cute.
I was so laughing with ever bit of this story!!! Laughter is always good and sounds like you got your dose of it that night!!!
Wish I was there with you guys. Poor C...I can picture it:-)
haha! Awesome!! That ROCKS!
So I need to hear the ebay truck story... :)
I could NOT stop laughing. Can't wait for D to read it.
As the long-suffering daughter of C (I've heard WAY more dreams than you can even imagine, though that toilet/cat thing was certainly one of the weirdest) I feel ya, sister. I heard that now she's all paranoid since the both of us are blogging about her antics. Luckily, my transcription skills pay off. These days I'm just typing while we're on the phone. But it has to be after 9 pm, or it doesn't count. She's like a gremlin, I tell ya!
9:00 - It's 'C' Time! Hmm...I wonder if I can remember any of her antics from when I lived there...
are you sure the exhaust wasn't running INTO the car....by accident.
That car ride sounded like a whole lot of fun!! I love times like that with my friends... it's like those times keep you going in life. We all need the reprieve to life that comes from side-splitting laughter with good friends.
Ummmm accidental truck buying story.... PLEASE!!
-Andrea
Post a Comment