Saturday, April 5, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby!














Happy Birthday precious boy! I can't believe you have been with us for a whole year already. I don't know where the time has gone. Everyone says it...but I really do remember the day we brought you home. It was a Friday afternoon. And it really does seem like yesterday. You were less than 24 hours old, tiny and soft, incredibly sweet and immeasurably loved.














You were such a good baby. You liked to eat, and you were really good at it! You liked being held, but as you got a little bigger, you preferred to be laid gently in your bed. We always had the sound of ocean waves playing while you slept and wondered if you'd grow up thinking you lived by the sea. It was really just to buffer the noise of your big brothers and sister while you slept.















You had the softest, roundest cheeks! I kissed them at every available opportunity, stopping only for fear of completely devouring your sweetness.














I loved that you slept next to our bed, and most mornings you would wake up with the cutest little coos. You didn't cry; you'd just play with your toes until someone came to get you.















From the very beginning, you loved being held by and hanging out with your big brothers and sister. You probably don't realize it yet, but you are one lucky little guy. They all love you so much, and I love to watch the way you light up whenever they play with you. Pure joy. That's what it is. I am so amused by your curiosity as you take in the flurry of activity around you. You can't wait to get in on the action! And it won't be long now.



















They have taught you so many things...





Like how to get the most fun out of your bath.





How to play with big kid toys.






Really important stuff like how to down a cookie.






How to party like a rock star.






And how to use the "clicker."












I'm sorry that teething has been so rough on you.















You're usually such a happy little guy. Your smile lights up the room, and you are quite the chick magnet. (But don't tell your big brothers I said that.)
















You have the same cute little gap between your teeth just like your big brother did.
















I love your long eye lashes. And get a load of those baby blues! Yummy!















I am completely enamored of you. You've without a doubt charmed me, and I love you more every day. I love how you fold in two when you laugh. I love it when you cruise the furniture and then snuggle your little head on my leg; I'm not sure if you need a hug or you know I do. I am amused by you when you know you are getting into things you shouldn't and you look at me, shake your head and say, "Nah Nah Nah." I find it incredibly sweet that you have chosen your middle fingers to comfort yourself instead of maybe your thumb, because it has afforded you the nickname "rockstar." I'm proud of the way you've mastered the sippy cup; you're a real pro. I don't think you'll miss your bottle nearly as much as I will because it's just another sign that you're growing up. I love everything about you from your fuzzy little head to your pudgy little feet! I am so blessed to be your mommy.

Happy Birthday Baby!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Wow, It's been a year already? Happy birthday little man. Hope you have a wonderful day. Wish we were there to give you a hug!

Anonymous said...

One year old...Wow!! Happy Birthday Elijah Grey, you precious baby boy...I so miss getting to hold you while you sleep. The next time I see you, you most likely won't want to be held that long.

B & J - You know by him being one year old means you all have been gone from Tennessee at least that (sigh). Miss you ALL bunches! Give all the babies (big and small
) hugs for us. --Vickie

Misty said...

Wow! what happened? I can't believe it's been a year. Happy Birthday little guy. Wish we were close to help you celebrate. I know you guys will have a big ol shindig. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!! He def has grown so much and I have enjoyed being able to watch him grow week by week!

PS - for some reason I can't see all the pictures???

kirsten said...

man...you make some cute babies!!! i can't believe it...another year gone. Pat yourself on the back MOM...you done good.
:)

Bronie said...

yeah, carrie, i'm not sure what's up with that. i reloaded the ones that are "missing." hopefully they'll stay? i think blogger has issues, but i'm afraid to move.

SouthAsiaRocks said...

yay! one year!!! How fun!! That ROCKS! Great post ;) Can't wait to meet him!! :)

Alicia @ refinedisaiah648.blogspot.com said...

Bronie, this is just the sweetest post! I just love it, Happy birthday to your little one!!! My hubby and I have major baby fever....and well looking at all these pics made it worse!!! hahaa Very cute!!! What a precious boy!

Misty Burns said...

oh, he is too cute. i can not believe how fast this past year has went by. Shortly after we met him, I found out I was pregnant. Now Isabella is two months old!!! Happy Birthday Elijah!!!!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Elijah! Can't believe it has been a year! Where does the time go?!